GETTING THE MOST FOR YOUR HEATING DOLLAR
How Can I Get The Most From My Oil Furnace?
- Use a programmable thermostat. This can save up to 10% on your annual heating costs.Change your furnace’s air filter regularly—every three months during the heating season. Clogged air filters make the motor work harder and start and stop more often.
- Schedule a tune-up for your furnace. A trained technician will replace the fuel filter, air filter, replace (or clean) the nozzle and troubleshoot any problems with your furnace. Preventive maintenance should be done at least every 2 years; preferably yearly. If you don’t already know a Heating Technician, call Priestley Heating Oil. We will refer you to one of our trusted oil technicians for all repairs.
- Upgrade your oil furnace by replacing the oil burner with a new high-efficiency burner.*
- Keep the cold out of your home by adding insulation, weatherstripping & caulking, new insulated windows & water heater insulation.
- Seal all leaky heating ducts that you can access, such as those in attics, crawlspaces, unfinished basements and garages. Make sure that the connections at vents and registers are well-sealed where they meet the floors, walls and ceiling.Turn water heater temperatures down to between 120F and 130F unless you have a dishwasher that requires a higher setting.
- Lower your thermostat by just one degree and save up to 7% of your home heating costs.
Replace your old oil furnace with a new, high-efficiency oil furnace. *
Call Priestley & Sons Heating Oil! We will provide you with a competitive quote on your new furnace. We are a licensed contractor and can install your furnace, AC and/or heat pump.