FURNACE OIL – FURNACE TIPS – PRIESTLEY OIL & SONS
What To Do If Your Furnace Won’t Come On
Brrrr……It’s the coldest night of the year and your heat won’t turn on. Here are a few simple steps to try before calling for service.
- Check the thermostat. Make sure it is set to “heat” and turned up to the desired temperature.
- Check the master on/off switch. If it is off, flip it on.
- Check your electrical panel for blown fuses or tripped breakers.
- Make sure the blower door (the panel on the furnace) is securely in place
- Make sure your furnace filters are clean.
- Press the furnace’s reset button ONCE. If the furnace still doesn’t come on, call your local service technician. If you don’t already have a technician, call Priestley & Sons Heating Oil. We’ll direct you to one of our competent repair technicians for Priority Service.